Long Island Car Accident Lawyer
Auto injuries are one of the leading causes of death and injury in the United States. On average there are 1,098 deaths each year in New York because of motor vehicle accidents. There are more than 12,000 hospitalizations each year because of car accidents. Accidents cost lots of money in damages, as well as medical and emergency personnel costs. Accident scenes have witnesses, onlookers, medical personnel, insurance agents, police authorities, and the other parties involved.
Insurance companies have teams of agents, representatives, adjusters, and attorneys dealing with car accident cases every day. It’s important that you have an attorney backing you that understands the intricacies of New York Accident Law and can be at your side expeditiously. Facing a team of professional attorneys working for billion-dollar insurance companies is daunting, especially if you’re facing them alone.
If you decide to fight insurance companies on your own, then you may find yourself at their mercy and they could possibly implore tactics like denying your case or encouraging you to settle hastily for less than you deserve. If you don’t have experience dealing with insurance claims, then you’re giving up an opportunity of recuperating all of your losses.
Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
An adept car Long Island accident attorney can help you recover the damages you’ve faced as a result of your injury, help you navigate the bureaucracy of the court systems, and reduce the mountain of paperwork you’ll face as a result of your car accident. The difference between recuperating the damages you justly deserve and losing money could be knowing the right Long Island car accident attorney.
What Can A Car Accident Attorney Do?
A car accident attorney can assist you in addressing a multitude of issues like determining the liability in your accident, wrongful death due to a collision, and property damages. It may behoove you to consider aptitude, skill level, client commitment, location, and fee structure when you’re finding the right attorney. Personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you only are responsible for paying them once your case has been successfully tried or settled.
Your Long Island, NY Auto Accident Attorney will need to be consummate in their knowledge of New York state and national traffic laws, have experience collaborating with auto insurers, and possess the know-how to prepare, try, and settle cases for their client’s optimal benefit. Ensure that your attorney has reputable references, a clean background, and an established track working of optimizing the cases of all their clients.
How Much Will A Car Accident Attorney Cost?
In the year 2014, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration concluded that automobile accidents cost Americans $871 billion. When you’re involved in a car accident you will have to confront lots of bills, insurance payments, and emotional turmoil. No one ever plans to be in a car accident but they can leave you bewildered while accessing how you’ll cope with these unforeseen circumstances.
Since most car accident cases are settled out of court, some firms operate as settlement mills. A settlement mill is a law firm that makes the majority of its income amassing lots of clients and not because they provide quality service. You need a personal injury attorney who’s willing to go to trial if necessary and is dedicated to the intricacies of your case.
The state of New York has designated 33.3 percent as the maximum for contingency fees in New York. New York has a sliding scale for the number of contingency fees that a lawyer can collect in a personal injury case. The higher the damages accrued, the smaller the percentage. If you’ve been involved in an accident speak with a versed professional personal injury attorney in Long Island NY immediately.
Types of Car Accidents
- Distracted driving accidents are visual, auditorial, manual, or cognitive distractions preventing drivers from focusing on the road.
- Head-on collisions occur when two vehicles collide front ends driving in the opposite directions.
- Highway car accidents are when there is a single or multiple car accident on the highway as the result of an accident happening due to an increased volume of traffic.
- Aggressive driving occurs when a driver makes driving offenses that endanger the safety of themself and others.
- Drunk driving accidents happen when a driver operates a vehicle under the impairment of alcohol.
- Reckless driving accidents occur because of another driving speeding or operating their vehicle in a manner that endangers the safety of others.
- Speeding accidents occur because a driver’s speed is above the legal limit.
- T-bone collisions occur when a car is running a stoplight, doesn’t properly stop at a stop sign, or misjudging a turn into oncoming traffic.
- Texting and driving accidents occur when a driver is not paying attention to driving their vehicle and focused on operating their phone or sending text messages.
Frequently Asked Questions for Personal Injury Attorneys
If you’ve been involved in an accident, then it’s important to gather information to assist your attorney with handling your case. While at the scene of the accident, collect the other drivers’ information, the police report number, and the witnesses’ contact information as well. Here is also a list of questions that you can ask an attorney before deciding on whom to choose to represent you:
- What’s your level of experience with injuries like mine?
- What out of pocket fees am I responsible for?
- What is your fee structure?
- Which parts of my case will you handle personally?
- What is a common settlement range for cases like mine?
- What percentage of your practices’ cases are motor vehicle accidents?
All accidents are not severe enough to warrant hiring a lawyer. However, speaking with an accident attorney is free and the return could prove to be inestimable. It is imperative to your claim and your compensatory abilities to seek professional assistance from a specialist. Using a car accident law savant will secure your preparation for trial and improve the odds of rectifying your case.
Get In Touch
Share the details of your situation with our firm now to get personalized advice from our legal team.