Have the Best Car Accident Lawyer Fighting for You | Long Island, New York
New York City is home to over 8.3 million people. It is no surprise that New York City has some of the most congested roads and traffic in the country. Jam-packed roads often lead to traffic accidents, and New York City residents have experienced their fair share of collisions.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. You need the best car accident lawyers representing Long Island, Suffolk County, and Nassau County fighting for you. The skilled car accident lawyers at Harrison Law Group are ready to help you fight for your right to compensation. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation.
First Things to Do Following a Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident can be a terrifying experience. Trying to figure out what to do after being injured in a car accident may seem overwhelming. If you have been involved in a New York City car accident, there are certain things you can do to protect yourself and the right to compensation, such as:
- Stop your vehicle and move it to the side of the road, if safe to do so
- Keep your flashing emergency lights on and call the police, even if there are no serious injuries. You may need the police report to file a claim with your insurance company.
- When the police arrive, tell the investigating officers what happened. If you do not know specific facts, do not try to answer the question, say you do not know. If anyone asks if you are injured, and you are unsure, say you are unsure. The injuries incurred from motor vehicle accidents may not become apparent until hours after the accident.
- Use your cell phone to take photos of the accident, including the vehicles and any other visible damage. If you had visible injuries, take photographs of your injuries. Do not interfere with the ongoing police investigation, and only take photos if it is safe to do so.
- When a police officer comes to the scene, they will gather everyone’s information, including the police report. You can request to see the other driver’s insurance card and would benefit from writing down their license plate number.
- Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Seek medical attention, whether by going to the emergency room or undergoing a thorough medical examination. Make sure you report all of your symptoms and all of the pain you are experiencing to your doctor.
- Contacting an attorney is one of the most important things you can do after a car accident in New York. Your lawyer will protect your rights, negotiate with the insurance company, and help you achieve the best outcome possible.
Collecting Compensation: For Which Losses Can I Claim Compensation After an Auto Wreck?
It is impossible to estimate the total settlement amount you will receive. Several factors go into your settlement amount, including the severity of your injuries, the defendant’s liability, and the insurance company’s actions. However, a rough guideline for determining your settlement amount would be approximately three times the cost of your medical bills. Insurance companies and courts consider the length of therapy, your injury type, the severity of the car accident, and your medical treatment plan when determining settlement offers.
What Factors Affect the Outcome of NY Car Accident Settlements?
Many different factors affect the outcome of a car accident case. If the case is clear-cut and the plaintiff has proof of the defendant’s negligence, the plaintiff is in a better position. However, if there are legitimate questions about who caused the accident, the outcome could be negatively affected.
Typically, the more severe and permanent your injury, the more compensation you deserve during the settlement process. At Harrison Law Group, we work with experts to accurately estimate all of the expenses yellow and endure from your injury in the future. We negotiate aggressively with the insurance company or defend it so you can obtain the most compensation possible.
On Average, How Long Do Car Accident Lawsuits Take in New York?
Personal injury cases involving car accidents can take four months to up to five years to settle. In some cases, it is possible to settle in seven weeks, but this is not common. There needs to be an investigation into the car accident, and there will also be a negotiation process. If the insurance company refuses to act ethically, the plaintiff may need to take them to court more time on to the process.
What is the Statutory Deadline to File a Car Crash Lawsuit in New York?
The statute of limitations for car accidents in New York is three years. If you have been injured in a car accident, you only have three years from the date of the car accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against the defendant.
Call the Top Auto Accident Attorney in Long Island, NJ Today
At Harrison Law Group, our legal team has been advocating tirelessly for car accident victims in Long Island, Nassau, and Suffolk. We are ready and willing to help you maximize your financial recovery. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation to learn more about how we can advocate for you.
Get In Touch
Share the details of your situation with our firm now to get personalized advice from our legal team.